New Tank Options
We Sell Two Major Brands of Heating Oil Storage Tanks:
- GRANBY tanks range in size and length of Warranty from 1 to 30 years.
- Commercial grade tanks 500 gallon 1,000 and above come with a 3 year or 10 year warranty.
- Roth tanks range in size but all Roth tanks come standard with a 30 year warranty and $2 million dollars of insurance against leakage.
Notes About New Tank Installations
- Many tanks can be installed alongside another tank in the same location.
- Many of the tanks can be installed indoors or outdoors.
- 275-gallon tanks are the most commonly installed size and can be indoors or outdoors.
- Horizontal Granby tanks are recommended for outdoor areas such as under decks, porches, or windows.
- 110-, 165-, and 240-gallon tanks are recommended for only indoor installations.
- 400-gallon Roth tanks are best for outdoor applications due to the height of the tank.
- 500- and 1,000-gallon Granby tanks can only be installed outdoors.
Below are our tank options listed by size, with make and warranty information included.
Our Most Popular Tanks
Additional Tank Sizes & Configurations
Per changes to code requirements by the MDE in 2022, all residential aboveground and underground tanks have to be installed per NFPA 31.
All 500 or 1,000 gallon ABOVE ground tanks will have to be of double wall construction. 500 or 1000 gallon residential tanks are no longer allowed to be single wall construction. Therefor if you need more storage capacity above 330 gallons, We will recommend either a 400 gallon ROTH tank or installing 2 – 275 gallon or 2 – 330 gallon Granby tanks. But if you would like a 500 or 1,000 gallon, we can get and will install double walled tanks.
500-gallon and 1000-gallon newly installed UNDERGROUND tanks are also available. Per MDE code requirements, residential buried tanks are still allowed to be installed. However, they CANNOT be single wall steel tanks. All new tanks installed have to be cathodic protected steel tanks, or fiberglass. Or otherwise, double walled buried tanks. (ie. Steel tanks with a secondary exterior coating made of fiberglass or plastic.) (basically a Cathodic protected tanks is a steel tanks with a special corrosion protectant coating on it from the factory along with a sacrificial anode bag below ground that will corrode instead of the tank).